Monday, May 17, 2010

What a day....and it's not even noon yet

You would think, that since I woke up facing this (fyi, I don't always have this many dishes, but I cleaned out my fridge and all the little science experiments growing in it).


And this


AND this (dirty cloth diapers to be washed and rinsed throughout the day!)


Not to forget these two, who require every second of my attention (unless I can distract them with food and Kipper the Dog....I love Kipper with all my heart)


All those things in mind, plus calling the dermatologist for Kevin and the other 1,000 little things I do all day, you would think that it would be horribly unfair for anything else to happen. And it was,oh it was unfair that Sydney decided to greet me with this when she woke up.




I was up at 7:30, showered and working on my medical transcription when they woke up at 9:15. They were both laughing and happy, so I left them alone until I was done with the chapter I was working on, so about 9:40 I went in to get them and was greeted by two smiling girls, one was clean and one was covered in poo - and laughing. Nary a tear or wail from her, she must have just felt better from getting it all out! So to keep my sanity, I laughed. And gagged. And opened the windows and grabbed the camera. Then I put them both in the tub and scrubbed em! Then I cleaned the crib and put all the sheets in the washer. And my husband wonders why he sometimes comes home to a house that's dirty. I think I really took those pictures as evidence of what I do all day!! Now that I've shared my days grossness with you, I must go finish cleaning. Ta!

8 comments:

Allanna said...

Oh, BLARGH!

But, yeah, it's crazy what all you have to do to keep a house looking clean when there are kids at home.

Kudos to you for all your hard work AND for not throwing up! ^_^

Anonymous said...

I love it! Disgusting, but seriously, I think it's great to walk in and have poo all over my kids!.... Okay, not really, but this is pretty funny. Good job not exploding on them, it is always hard not to for me.

Melissa said...

Gross and funny! I have a friend in Redwood ward who just blogged about this same thing! She spared us the visual though...:-)

Matt, Charity, Alison & Michael said...

oh my dear becky. I must say, I was having a really hard day with Ali but as soon as I saw Syd covered in her poo, I suddenly became grateful that Ali isn't at that point yet. I feel a little better. Sorry you had to go through that but thanks for sharing it!! I'll just add that to my "Ok, how would Becky handle this?" list. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

LOL! ha ha ha! but pretty nasty all that the same time!
Thanks for being brave enough to share your morning with the rest of us!

Anonymous said...

ACK!!!!!!!!! In the mouth! In the mouth!!!!

She's still adorable, and I'm proud of you for not throwing up on her... I might have.

Hatt family said...

I found it at last!!! Oh, man. Definite hat off for laughing, and then moving on and dealing with it!! I do admit there is a lot of truth to the feeling the need to provide your spouse with evidence of some of what is done all day. And yet, I remember Jason's mom telling me that she would play ball with Jason for hours when he was very small, and the evidence of that took years in the making I'm sure. It's DEFINITELY hard to be patient as we wait to see the fruits of our labors!! (Now I'd better end my novelette...) You are such a great mom!! I didn't know you're working on transcription!

Southworths said...

man becky that is crazy! I sure miss you. I wish I lived closer so I could help when you have days like this. the poo is gross but funny at the same time.