Friday, February 18, 2011

Perfect

I watched this video, and thought, I've got to share this (that is, in between my tears I thought that) I've got to write how I feel about this.




I love this song. I've got it downloaded on my ipod, on my playlist, every time I hear it on the radio I turn it up - it's something I need to remind myself of. It is so easy to let myself believe I should be someone else, that I've become a boring mom, that I'm overweight, that I'm a bad wife.....the list could go on forever. But instead of tuning into that negativity, I push it away. I don't need excuses, I'm perfect being me. I especially need to hear that when I worry about working out, that I'm not getting the results I think I should - to remind myself that I am not working out to get skinny, to fit in, or look like a celebrity mom. I'm working out to be strong and healthy and a more awesome me. I caught up on Glee last night, and watched the episode where they were looking for an anthem - well, for me this is my anthem today (I reserve the right to change it as I see fit). I am more than a number on a scale, the van I drive, or the mom jeans I currently wear :)Even if I never worked out again, I am perfect just the way I am, and I am a child of God. I need to remember to tell my kids and my husband that important lesson every day, and also everyone I'm around - because we all need to know that.

2 comments:

Matt, Charity, Alison & Michael said...

Oh my sweet Becky, sometimes I feel like we are so stinkin a like that is it scary. I love you. Thank you for sharing this

Hatt family said...

Jared says, "I like you so much!" Derek says, "I love you forever!" and to borrow the words from a song I had in my head, "You are amazing, just the way you are!!!" How easy it is to forget who we REALLY are, whose we are, and what we are meant to BECOME!! Thank you for the reminder. We have a lot of influence as wives and mothers! Hold your head high, Becky, you are SO loved!! KEEP UP THE PHENOMENAL WORK! HUGS!! And this post totally made me cry!! :) Miss you sweet friend!! :)