Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Football




A little background......
So I don't know how it happened....somehow, I've married a man who doesn't like football. Wait, let me clarify, he doesn't like watching football in any form - college, high school, jr. leagues, nada. I, on the other hand, LOVE football (I know, total gender/role reversal here!) I don't care so much for pro (iffy) but I love college and high school football. My theory is that growing up my brothers played, and so I always went with my mom (my dad had to work a lot) to their games, then in high school, I went with my friends, to watch my friends play (not boyfriends, I actually had friends that were guys). Not just to goof off, but to actually watch the game! Kevin says I'm just stuck in the past, and it helps me relive high school (ugh, not so sure I want to do that again!) but really, honestly - I LOVE FOOTBALL!!! It's just part of the fall season for me, pumpkins, the sweet/sour smell of apples, a little bit chilly, hot chocolate, the colors, all of it! And the season is not complete without a game!
So, going back 2 1/2 weeks - I asked Kevin is we could go to a game since we didn't have anything else going on, he said NO. I begged, I pleaded, I even managed to get a little teary eyed because he was so selfish! He said...NO. Then fate intervened. His mom works with a lady who had season tickets for North Medford, and she wanted to let us use them! So not only was it something to do - it was free! Kevin wasn't thrilled, but he went. And I got to go to my game! It was great, but he made me leave before the end, and it went into overtime and North lost 27-28 and I missed it! Grrrr... so then last weekend I called my sister and told her I would take the girls (Kayleigh and Addy)to the North/Grants Pass game - and North lost again! Dissapointing because going to Crater always made me think that North always won - see at least with Crater I knew they would lose! Anyway, I got it out of my system and now I am prepared to move on to the other holidays - like Thanksgiving~ mmm....turkey coma......



3 comments:

Leandro D said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bean said...

I didn't know you guys had a blog. I love your family pictures! They turned out so good.

Anonymous said...

You know, I've seen you when you're not getting your way... it's not pretty! Ha ha ha!